Saturday, September 14, 2019

Timbaland & Swizz Beatz at Revolt Summit 2019

(Source: Getty Images/Paras Griffin)
Swizz Beatz and Timbaland are two men in the industry who are unmatched and legendary. Collectively, they’ve created the soundtrack for the culture. Their catalogs are endless, and there’s not one major artist in the culture that they haven’t worked with in some capacity. As the two sat down for a one-on-one conversation, they swapped stories of how much they admire each other, gave up all the game and talked about everything from the importance of education to the difference between producers and beat-makers.
Swizz Beatz stated: There’s a difference between a producer and a beat-maker. It’s a big difference. And I feel we need more produces than beat makers. We got a lot of beat-makers out there doing a lot of beats, but they not equipped enough to get in front of artists and construct a song. Challenge that artist in the studio. Let them know why your presence is important because... [The artist is] going to still collect beats and not care about who you are. But as a producer, [the artist] kind of [has] to go back and make that phone call [to you]. That’s why me and Timbaland are still in the business 20 years later.
Timbaland shared the Swizz Beatz songs he wishes he would have made, saying, “Ain’t no song gonna come one in the club that’s hotter than mine,’ that’s what I said in my head because I’m competitive, but when that [Jigga My Nigga] came out…I was kind of like mad at Jay-Z for going to you. It was so hot. I was like damn I wish I could have made that beat. That was one of the illest beats I ever heard at that time. And then the other was [Money, Cash, Hoes].”




Diddy & Timbaland
Timbaland, Diddy, Swizz Beatz

(Source: Getty Images/Paras Griffin)



via Revolt.tv

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home